I know we all hated that disgusting cartoon toenail fungus critter on the Lamisil commercials. It was as if the nice folks at Novartis didn't think the idea of festering footal fungus was quite gross enough, so they had to creep it up a notch in order to make their remedy appealing. So the commercials horrified us for a while, and then they were gone.
Until yesterday, when that little freak foot pirate showed up in an obnoxious Web ad WHILE I WAS TRYING TO READ A POEM, for the love of glavin! I can't imagine a more effective way to kill a Neruda buzz.
*shudder*
Speaking of a Neruda buzz, let's do this thing right. I don't see any fungus around here now.
Sonnet XI
I crave your mouth, your voice, your hair.
Silent and starving, I prowl through the streets.
Bread does not nourish me, dawn disrupts me, all day
I hunt for the liquid measure of your steps.
I hunger for your sleek laugh,
your hands the color of a savage harvest,
hunger for the pale stones of your fingernails,
I want to eat your skin like a whole almond.
I want to eat the sunbeam flaring in your lovely body,
the sovereign nose of your arrogant face,
I want to eat the fleeting shade of your lashes,
and I pace around hungry, sniffing the twilight,
hunting for you, for your hot heart,
like a puma in the barrens of Quitratue.
Pablo Neruda
Until yesterday, when that little freak foot pirate showed up in an obnoxious Web ad WHILE I WAS TRYING TO READ A POEM, for the love of glavin! I can't imagine a more effective way to kill a Neruda buzz.
I crave your mouth, your voice, your hair.
Silent and starving, I prowl through the streets.
I'm Digger the Fungus Guy, and OTC treatments don't scare me!!! Look at this picture of a yellow, crusty toenail and imagine that lots of guys like me live in there!!!!
*shudder*
Speaking of a Neruda buzz, let's do this thing right. I don't see any fungus around here now.
Sonnet XI
I crave your mouth, your voice, your hair.
Silent and starving, I prowl through the streets.
Bread does not nourish me, dawn disrupts me, all day
I hunt for the liquid measure of your steps.
I hunger for your sleek laugh,
your hands the color of a savage harvest,
hunger for the pale stones of your fingernails,
I want to eat your skin like a whole almond.
I want to eat the sunbeam flaring in your lovely body,
the sovereign nose of your arrogant face,
I want to eat the fleeting shade of your lashes,
and I pace around hungry, sniffing the twilight,
hunting for you, for your hot heart,
like a puma in the barrens of Quitratue.
Pablo Neruda


5 Comments:
"I want to eat your skin like a whole almond."
guess what popped into my head as i read this line:
"sometimes you feel like a nut - sometimes you don't"
(and you have to do a little dance as you sing that part)
LOL. I was just telling Tort that I thought it was a cool thing about blogging that I could post my own Poetry Corner without having jokers like you posting limericks and crap in response. I figured if anyone tried, I'd just reject the comment. However, this comment made me laugh my fat can off, so I had to publish it. :D
My new gross-out commercials are the mucinex ones, with the anthropomorphic mucus creatures. Ugh. And as if the whoe thing wasn't bad enough, they had to go and call the drug mucinex.
Is Pablo Neruda anything like Pablo Cruise?
DT, I haven't seen those commercials, but I am against all cartoon depictions of gross things.
CTK, you're lucky I didn't choose that as my first comment to reject. :cuss
Post a Comment
<< Home