In blOwhio, this would be at least ten full-time jobs.
Heh--I'm not sure just what to make of this. It's clearly absurd, tempting my knee-jerk compulsion to mock in the way a warm chocolate chip cookie tempts my knee-jerk compulsion to eat sweets. (There's an idea I should've considered: giving up snarkiness for Lent.)
But the pushover animal-lover in me finds it kind of sweet. I just realized that something I really like about God is that his love for his creation extends to every aspect of it, even the aspects we consider inconsequential. A dead raccoon on the side of the road is meaningful to us only inasmuch as it affects us, which doesn't extend much beyond being kinda grossed out for a couple of seconds. But to God, the same raccoon is just...meaningful.
Heh--I'm not sure just what to make of this. It's clearly absurd, tempting my knee-jerk compulsion to mock in the way a warm chocolate chip cookie tempts my knee-jerk compulsion to eat sweets. (There's an idea I should've considered: giving up snarkiness for Lent.)
But the pushover animal-lover in me finds it kind of sweet. I just realized that something I really like about God is that his love for his creation extends to every aspect of it, even the aspects we consider inconsequential. A dead raccoon on the side of the road is meaningful to us only inasmuch as it affects us, which doesn't extend much beyond being kinda grossed out for a couple of seconds. But to God, the same raccoon is just...meaningful.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home