Monday, March 13, 2006

Stormy Sucky Selection Sunday

So, yesterday kinda blew.

1. Illinois is a 4 seed? In San-effing-Diego? With UNC a 3 in the same bracket, even though Illinois beat them on their own freaking court? With Satan's Minions a 2?! And the University of Freaking Iowa is a 3? Horrible. I don't think I've ever looked forward to a tournament less. If it weren't Dee Brown's last hurrah, I'm not sure I could sustain much interest beyond tuning in for Illinois's games.

2. It's tornado season again here in the Midwest, and last night was a fresh reminder of why it bites. A supercell system messed up Springfield pretty bad before moving rapidly east and veering north of Champaign. That was the early-evening one...Springfield was hit again about 2:00 a.m. And in spite of the fact that Champaign escaped the worst of the bad weather this time, the power in our neighborhood still inexplicably went out around 5:00 this morning. Still not back on as far as I know. I did manage to get a shower, but had to dry my hair here at work. I'm glad no one came into the bathroom as I was doing this...I'll bet it looked pretty classy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

all Illinois had to do was win a game in the BTT.

they did not do that.

plus - is it a surprise the UNC is in the same bracket as the illini? no.

storms are not always fun, but we're all safe, so that is good.

i will be plenty excited about the tourney by the time thursday roles around...

March 13, 2006  
Blogger Jackie said...

What a load of BillSelf. I know you're not dumb OR contrarian enough to try to make a case that failing to beat a team you've already beaten twice is the big difference between a decent seed and a rotten one.

Besides, by that logic, you can point to any one game and say it's THE difference maker. I would've respected a "Well, all they had to do was win at home against Penn State" more than this BTT bogusness.

I didn't make any comment about UNC being in the same bracket, although I find it galling. More galling is that their being in the same bracket brings into sharp relief the illegitimacy of their superior seed.

March 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home