All right, fine, you three loyal readers of mine can stop whining: I'm updating!
But you can go ahead and start whining again in about 30 seconds, because I don't have anything interesting to say. I just wrapped up a review at work, but I have to start another one this week. Oh, and then when that one's done, I get to jump right into another one. This freaking sucks because reviews are sooooo draining. It's my favorite and least favorite part of my job, the part I'm best at and the part that is the most stressful. Basically, it's my first and best chance to fix the POS manuscripts that are assigned to me; I read through the manuscript when it's assigned and not just identify what makes it a POS, but figure out how to nicely tell the author how to fix it. It's just a long, drawn-out process that I do like but I never feel like I've done it as well as I want to.
Anyhoo, yeah, tomorrow morning I've gotta find a way to recover from the past month and generate all the energy and excitement needed to start a review. Should be good times.
In other news, just one week from today, I'll be able to enjoy any ol' sweet treat any time of the day. I've got three six-packs of Reese's eggs waiting patiently for me in my kitchen. Man, 40 days is a REALLY long time. I'm proud to say I've spared you a bunch of goofy and/or self-satisfied posts musing on fast-related crap, whether that be garden-variety whining or deep thoughts about the global implications of my resisting a piece of birthday cake at a family party. I can't promise you I'll stick with that trend, though, as I'm thinking about maintaining a permanent limited fast. I'm already kicking myself for even thinking about it.
I finished physical therapy a couple of weeks ago. Huzzah! My back still hurts. Boo-urns! It doesn't hurt as much when I do my exercises, though. I need to get my act together.
It's supposed to be in the 60s and 70s this week...thinking about busting out skirts and sandals. Yay!
See, told ya I didn't have anything interesting to say. :) I should be able to get back to regular updates now, though.
But you can go ahead and start whining again in about 30 seconds, because I don't have anything interesting to say. I just wrapped up a review at work, but I have to start another one this week. Oh, and then when that one's done, I get to jump right into another one. This freaking sucks because reviews are sooooo draining. It's my favorite and least favorite part of my job, the part I'm best at and the part that is the most stressful. Basically, it's my first and best chance to fix the POS manuscripts that are assigned to me; I read through the manuscript when it's assigned and not just identify what makes it a POS, but figure out how to nicely tell the author how to fix it. It's just a long, drawn-out process that I do like but I never feel like I've done it as well as I want to.
Anyhoo, yeah, tomorrow morning I've gotta find a way to recover from the past month and generate all the energy and excitement needed to start a review. Should be good times.
In other news, just one week from today, I'll be able to enjoy any ol' sweet treat any time of the day. I've got three six-packs of Reese's eggs waiting patiently for me in my kitchen. Man, 40 days is a REALLY long time. I'm proud to say I've spared you a bunch of goofy and/or self-satisfied posts musing on fast-related crap, whether that be garden-variety whining or deep thoughts about the global implications of my resisting a piece of birthday cake at a family party. I can't promise you I'll stick with that trend, though, as I'm thinking about maintaining a permanent limited fast. I'm already kicking myself for even thinking about it.
I finished physical therapy a couple of weeks ago. Huzzah! My back still hurts. Boo-urns! It doesn't hurt as much when I do my exercises, though. I need to get my act together.
It's supposed to be in the 60s and 70s this week...thinking about busting out skirts and sandals. Yay!
See, told ya I didn't have anything interesting to say. :) I should be able to get back to regular updates now, though.


1 Comments:
Yea! I can stop hitting refresh every 5 minutes now.
I won't start that again until at least Wednesday.
Post a Comment
<< Home