Hooray for sweets!
I really tried not to be all gluttonous yesterday about breaking my fast, and I did all right--a big hunk of German chocolate cake after lunch, then a few of those dumb cheap wafer cookies I love at night along with one of the Reese's eggs that have been sitting in my kitchen taunting me for weeks.
The weird thing is, as I ate the Reese's egg, I...well, it wasn't like I didn't like it, or even that I was disappointed, just...I dunno, I guess it wasn't as sublime as I expected. Maybe that's because I built it up too much, or maybe my sweet tooth lost a little of its power. Who can tell.
All I know is that if you'd have told me three months ago that in three months' time I'd enjoy yogurt and be underwhelmed by a Reese's egg, I'd have punched myself.
I really tried not to be all gluttonous yesterday about breaking my fast, and I did all right--a big hunk of German chocolate cake after lunch, then a few of those dumb cheap wafer cookies I love at night along with one of the Reese's eggs that have been sitting in my kitchen taunting me for weeks.
The weird thing is, as I ate the Reese's egg, I...well, it wasn't like I didn't like it, or even that I was disappointed, just...I dunno, I guess it wasn't as sublime as I expected. Maybe that's because I built it up too much, or maybe my sweet tooth lost a little of its power. Who can tell.
All I know is that if you'd have told me three months ago that in three months' time I'd enjoy yogurt and be underwhelmed by a Reese's egg, I'd have punched myself.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home