Friday, April 14, 2006

Oh Peeps, oh Peeps, my heart's delight

You see me through the stormy night

Of my heart's discontent and dreary whine

For all of the year that's not Easter time

Your arrival, like spring, brings new life to me

I gobble and gobble your small beaks with glee

Till sugar and marshmallow make my teeth ache

And my poor tummy screams, "STOP! Give me a break!"

They make you in various colors and shapes

White, pink, yellow, and purple like grapes

There are birdies and bunnies and sweet little chickies

The endless variety gives me lots of kickies

And cheap! Oh Peeps! You can be had for a song!

I buy by the barrel and bring you along

In my purse and backpack, and pants pockets too

Even though the washing machine turns you to goo

I love you for always, my sweet mallow friends

I proclaim a devotion that shall never end

To the tooth-numbing treats wrapped in sugar so fine

Peeps, oh Peeps, my candy divine!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easter wouldn't be Easter without the Peeps poem. Yea!

April 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUZZAH!

April 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! Admittedly hate Peeps, but dig the Ode.

April 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home