Friday, May 19, 2006

I can't believe we are moving in a week. I didn't know it was possible to dread and look forward to something just about equally, but I'd say that describes my take on this adventure. I guess I really only dread one thing, and that's the actual *process* of moving. I think I'd feel better if we were farther along in packing and/or had some kind of plan for how we're going to do the actual moving. I dunno, even though it's one thing, it's a big thing.

Even so, it'll all be worth it to not have to entertain constant calls and visits from house pimps. The owner of the house we're moving out of is trying to sell or rent it, so every day our cell phones are ringing with people wanting to show the house. That would suck even if it was our house we were selling...dealing this much with house pimps, I can't help but feel that I'm always covered in this thin layer of grime generated by their self-promoting dumbness. But it's easier to tolerate that when you want to sell your house. This isn't our house, so we get nothing out of doing all this invisible entertaining.

Whenever we come home after a showing, it's always interesting to see what traces some strangers left as they viewed our personal belongings. It's really charming how they leave lights on instead of turning them off when they leave...I like how we get to pay for their wastefulness, especially when it doesn't matter jack diddly to us if they buy this house or not. One set of people even left a freaking toilet lid up. WTF?! First of all, do you really have to go THAT bad that it can't wait ten minutes? Second, OK, fine, maybe you really do have to go THAT bad, but if so, what's so difficult about putting the lid back the way you found it? Third, if you didn't use it but just lifted the lid to see inside the toilet, (a) why? and (b) eeeewww!

Eh, that's enough ranting about that. Besides, I gotta go...my cell phone's ringing again. *roll eyes*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we bought this house and our landlord was renting our duplex, people were constantly--get this--not calling, but showing up on our doorstep. Ringing the doorbell, asking, "How much is the rent? How big is the garage?" Walking around through the bushes and looking in the windows at us eating dinner. One lady even bawled me out because I refused to let her, a totally unknown passerby, COME IN AND LOOK AROUND. All of which reinforces my eternal question, "What on earth is wrong with people?"

May 19, 2006  
Blogger Jackie said...

Bwaaaaahahahahahaaa! I guess I should consider myself lucky. Ah well, it'll all be over in a week. You know, theoretically.

May 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It boggles my mind how rude so many people are, without even noticing that they're being obnoxious. I never would have dreamed of using the toilet in the houses I looked at when I was in the market, much less use it an leave the seat up. Heck, why even bother flushing?

May 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home