MAJOR SCHADENFREUDE UPDATE!!!
As you faithful readers know, things did not end well with the owner of the home we just moved out of (which we had rented for a couple of years). There was no big blow-up, and in fact the guy may not even realize that we think he's pretty much shown himself to be a first-class dinkwad. Point being, the guy nickle-and-dimed us enough that after we moved out, we found ourselves actively wishing for his house to stay on the market. For, like, a long time. Nothing against the house--we had a great stay there. We just thought it'd be pretty cool for him to have to pay two mortgages for a year or so. So we would drive by pretty regularly to see whether the for sale sign indicated any sale, and every time we saw that it was still for sale there'd be this sick little satisfaction and a Nelson-Munz-style "Ha-ha!" would spring forth.
Well, last week I drove by and saw a sale pending sign. I was so disappointed that I think I actually did yell "Dammit!" to no one in particular (seeing as how I was alone in the car).
I don't feel too great about my attitude here. But then I remember all those imprecatory psalms, and figure maybe I'm doing well if I'm not imploring God to ice him.
So, congrats on the house sale, Cheapy McTightwad. Now, you think you can see your way clear to return our security deposit?
As you faithful readers know, things did not end well with the owner of the home we just moved out of (which we had rented for a couple of years). There was no big blow-up, and in fact the guy may not even realize that we think he's pretty much shown himself to be a first-class dinkwad. Point being, the guy nickle-and-dimed us enough that after we moved out, we found ourselves actively wishing for his house to stay on the market. For, like, a long time. Nothing against the house--we had a great stay there. We just thought it'd be pretty cool for him to have to pay two mortgages for a year or so. So we would drive by pretty regularly to see whether the for sale sign indicated any sale, and every time we saw that it was still for sale there'd be this sick little satisfaction and a Nelson-Munz-style "Ha-ha!" would spring forth.
Well, last week I drove by and saw a sale pending sign. I was so disappointed that I think I actually did yell "Dammit!" to no one in particular (seeing as how I was alone in the car).
I don't feel too great about my attitude here. But then I remember all those imprecatory psalms, and figure maybe I'm doing well if I'm not imploring God to ice him.
So, congrats on the house sale, Cheapy McTightwad. Now, you think you can see your way clear to return our security deposit?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home