Friday, July 14, 2006

Yeah, you lost me at "helpmeet."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well. I do have an apron and I know how to use it. However, let me just relate a short anecdote. My "proper authority" (who, by the way, would tolerate being called a "Prairie Dawg" for any reason approximately 0 times) once completely--and hastily--removed the broiler drawer on our oven in order to recover a birth control pill that dropped and rolled. Said pill was immediately consumed, even though a slight residue of under-oven grime could not be removed. This story being fairly representative of our response to many of these assertions, I'm guessing I don't get to subscribe to the manifesto.

I do know exactly where much of this material came from, though. I have two titles on my list of "Books to Be Avoided At All Costs." One, obviously, is Joshua, by Joseph Girzone. The other one is Created to Be His Helpmeet, by Debi Pearl, and can undoubtedly be credited with this "manifesto."

July 14, 2006  
Blogger Jackie said...

Heh. The thing is, this broad actually seems pretty sharp. That's what makes the dumbness all that more perplexing. (I can't state this affirmatively, but I believe she actually is not a fan of women being able to vote.)

July 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe. Debi Pearl let her HUSBAND write part of HER BOOK because she felt that a "doctrinal issue" couldn't be addressed by a woman--not even in print, not even in a book written to women. As if the entire book is not a "doctrinal issue." (In case you're curious, the section in question was about when it might be OK for women not to obey their husbands....)

July 17, 2006  
Blogger Jackie said...

Guh. Sweet fancy Moses. I repeat, Guh!

July 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home