Tuesday, August 01, 2006

You don't have to tell me--I know I suck! I had a really nice string of consistent updates there for a bit, and it all just stopped abruptly with my birthday post. I've been desperately trying to think of something interesting to say, but no dice. I blame Brant Hansen. He's all in Africa and stuff, leaving me without material to steal. So, how about Yahoo! News?

Don't kill Harry!


I'm not sure what to think about all the people asking Rowling about this. What, she's gonna say one way or the other?

I'm thinking it probably happens, though, but in a redemptive context. She won't spare him for sentimental reasons, that I'm sure of--but I don't think the world she has created is dark enough for a complete victory of evil.

If she does kill him off, it's gonna suck. :(

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She probably has to kill him off because he's the Messiah figure, but it will still suck. And if that's what happens, people who don't understand redemptive death (or people who want thousands of non-Rowling, sucky, Disneyfied sequels a la The Wizard of Oz) will undoubtedly be upset on a different level than those of us who can see the beauty of it.

I agree, though, it is ridiculous to try to bait her into discussing it as though she might glibly reveal such a crucial plot element to the world and completely destroy the impact of her own writing. Unless she unexpectedly spouts it off during an insane, drunken traffic stop, I'm guessing we just wait for the book.

August 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly I have never read any of these books...not that I am against them, but I am always in the middle of another book

serieseseseses are tough for me

but I am all for evil conquering all

sorry, but it just doesn't happen enough in pop lit or culture

August 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home