Friday, September 08, 2006

Listen peeps, I hate to suck so much at updating, but it's time you knew I sorta have an excuse--I'm all knocked up and stuff. Meaning I've felt like crap for weeks, and we all know how much I suck at updating even when I'm feeling all right.

This came as a big shock to us. Actually, I think we still feel pretty weirded out. Mostly because we keep thinking about how much harder everything will be with TWO kids than with one. Ah, like my friend Mandy says, at least we won't be outnumbered. Still, I find myself flipping out about small things like, "How do you take an infant and a toddler to the grocery store?" (I'm pretty sure the answer is, "You don't.")

Anyhoo, looks like the blessed event is set for April 4 or so. Unlike the first time around, when we knew the timing of the pregnancy down to the date of conception, we have only the vaguest idea of how far along I truly am. Ultrasound says I should be about 11 weeks now, but IMO that's not much more reliable than trying to remember when we did it. It can't be too far off, though.

So if you've been thinking that I'm looking chunky and vaguely wondered if I'm getting fat, the answer is YES, AND I'M ALREADY SICK OF IT.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations. :)

you can always blog about my life.

:eek

September 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Once you guys get on the bandwagon, you really get on it! :) Mucho congratulations to you both, and you can call me for those tips on getting through the grocery store.....

September 11, 2006  
Blogger Jackie said...

Thanks man, I need all the tips I can get. All the things I never thought about!

September 11, 2006  
Blogger Amber said...

Wahoo!!! Congratulations! Please name this kid Harry Caray. Thanks.

September 11, 2006  
Blogger Jackie said...

I shall take your suggestion under advisement, provided the tyke is of the wangified persuasion. Please note, though, that "Clark" and "Santo" will be pushed by dear ol' Dad as well. :D

September 11, 2006  
Blogger Danimal said...

Whoa, congrats CJ!!!

September 11, 2006  
Blogger SeƱor Texan said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, and good luck. I'm sure that lil t will make a great big sister! :D

September 11, 2006  
Blogger paigniac said...

I am always available to take wingbaby out if you need a break!

tehryan has a strong mayoral kind of ring to it

September 13, 2006  
Blogger Jackie said...

Thanks little fella, and in return for babysitting services, I shall make you grilled cheese and tomato soup!

September 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's so exciting!

Sorry for pushing your lack of denial on the board.

September 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home