Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Fine, I'm back! You can all thank Brant for making me laugh so hard at my own lameness with his comment on my most recent post that I decided to finally get over myself and update, even if I continue to have nothing interesting to say.

So, what's happened in two months?

  • An ultrasound three weeks ago gave us a glimpse at a healthy little fetus who is almost certainly another girl. We're excited! We would've been excited about a boy, too, but I'm really glad that Julia will have a sister. And that I don't have to buy an entirely new baby wardrobe.
  • Unfortunately, we're afraid one member of our family won't be around long enough to meet the newest one when she arrives. Our kitty, Harold, was just diagnosed with a malignant tumor in his mouth. He is far too old (nearly 15) for the aggressive and costly treatment that might prolong his life, so we are taking some palliative measures and just trying to keep him comfortable and loved for as long as we have him. The good news is that the treatment seems to help him...the bad news is that the stupid tumor seems to be growing pretty fast. I would be surprised if he makes it to the end of the year. :'(
  • Moving on to a new topic before I start crying...my ring and pinkie fingers on my left hand went numb about a week ago and haven't changed since. Something with the ulnar nerve. I'm going to see my doc about it this morning because it's pretty freaking annoying, but it's probably just another charming pregnancy-related thing. Geez, pregnancy is so hard on a body. How do women in their 40s do this?!
  • Julia has achieved a couple of fun milestones in the past week: she peed in her potty for the first time (and even did it again!) and has started speaking in two- to four-word sentences that are usually even comprehensible. Oh, and she also suddenly loves saying her name. The other morning I was getting ready while she was still asleep, and I heard her start stirring on the monitor, and suddenly she said, "Dewey-ah!" (I know these things are only cute and charming to me and Dan. See, this is why I never update.)
So, there you have it. Gotta run and get ready for the doc. Now that I've updated, maybe I'll do it again! (I mean, sooner than in two months.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back! See, this is why I can't have a blog. I am pretty sure that my 6-yr.-old's recent assertion that if you can't hear well, people start calling you "Death," is the kind of thing that only his grandma and I appreciate. And that's all the entertainment my life has to offer. :)

November 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Awesome about your fetus.
2. Sorry to hear about the cat.
3. That's funny, because our little gal called herself "Dewey-ah", too. Very, very sweet memory.
4. Lisa should blog. She's a great writer, plus I need new smarting-off frontiers.

Brant

November 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks, man. :)

November 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home