Can someone please enlighten me as to how Mensa has, in the course of its existence, "identif[ied] and foster[ed] human intelligence for the benefit of humanity"? I had always assumed it was a way for smart people to remind themselves and everyone else how very smart they are, but who knows--maybe I'm just not smart enough to get what's going on here.
I'm also unclear on how said group can be of benefit to a toddler, or she to them. What, is she expected to help other members shore up their mastery of drinking from a big-kid cup and using the potty? Or maybe they can help her with learning to throw a ball and to color ONLY on the paper.
But hey, now a bunch of people who read the news online today will know that some English couple's two-year-old is really smart. And in the end, isn't that what it's all about?
I'm also unclear on how said group can be of benefit to a toddler, or she to them. What, is she expected to help other members shore up their mastery of drinking from a big-kid cup and using the potty? Or maybe they can help her with learning to throw a ball and to color ONLY on the paper.
But hey, now a bunch of people who read the news online today will know that some English couple's two-year-old is really smart. And in the end, isn't that what it's all about?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home