What up? I've been a little preoccupied lately.

Nevertheless, I am managing to serve you, humble readers, with a major update on the continuing shenanigans in the state capitol. This has now gotten so absurd that even the reporters covering it aren't bothering to hide their snark. To wit:
And I can only guess that Finke closed the article with the following so as to punctuate the absurdity with a big, fat, offered-without-comment exclamation point:
Nevertheless, I am managing to serve you, humble readers, with a major update on the continuing shenanigans in the state capitol. This has now gotten so absurd that even the reporters covering it aren't bothering to hide their snark. To wit:
Tuesday looked like most days around the Illinois Capitol lately.
The House and Senate met briefly and did nothing. Lawmakers griped about being in Springfield with nothing to do. The budget impasse was not resolved.
But lawmakers hit a significant milestone Tuesday, setting a record for futility by being in session longer than any year since the state adopted a new constitution in 1970.
And I can only guess that Finke closed the article with the following so as to punctuate the absurdity with a big, fat, offered-without-comment exclamation point:
Wow.Jones’ top deputy, Sen. Debbie Halvorson, D-Crete, said she believes everyone is scaling back their demands, a first step toward reaching a compromise. She also said the overtime is not necessarily a bad thing.
“I think this is a message we are sending that we care about the people we represent,” Halvorson said. “People are standing ground on their special issues and things they care about because the people sent them here to stand up for them.”


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home